NEW HIGHWAY SAFETY ENHANCEMENTS FOR FORT NELSON
Fort Nelson – A new highway safety enhancement project is underway in Fort Nelson which will improve lighting at a busy local intersection.
- Three streetlights will be installed at the intersection of Alaska Highway and 55th Street in Fort Nelson.
- Illumination will increase safety for pedestrians crossing the Alaska Highway on their way to the Northern Rockies Regional Recreation Centre and Art Fraser Memorial Park.
- This project was selected in consultation with the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality.
- The project is valued at $125,000 and is scheduled to be completed by the end of September
“I’m always pleased when we see firsthand how well we can work together with local governments to deliver what’s important to our communities. This will greatly increase pedestrian safety in the area.”
Peace River North MLAPat Pimm
- This project is part of $5 million invested this year by the Government of British Columbia for safety projects in and near B.C. communities to improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists on provincial highways.
- Follow the work of the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure online at www.tranbc.ca.
Media contact: Lyndsey Easton, BC Government Caucus Communications: (250) 356-5352